Programs and Scholarships
Grants and Scholarship
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated®, Lambda Kappa Omega Chapter, recently celebrated 45 years of service in the Fairfax County Community. In honor of this momentous occasion, the chapter awarded a $4,500 scholarship to a female, African-American senior graduating from a Fairfax County Public High School.
LKO, in partnership with the Educational and Charitable Foundation (ECF), awards annual grants to students attending undergraduate and graduate colleges and universities. In 2022, ECF awarded over $36,000 in academic awards and grants to deserving students and teachers.
Scholarship applications for the 2023 school year are now available. Please go to the ECF Scholarship webpage to review requirements and apply. The application deadlines are February 8 for most scholarship and February 15 for the Dr. LaToya Smith Memorial Scholarship. For additional information about ECF scholarships, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about ECF programs and fundraising events or to make a donation, please visit their website at https://ec-foundation.org.
For more information about Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated® and our International Program Initiativs, please visit the Programs page of our international website.
Lambda Kappa Omega hosts a myriad of community programs in service to our local Fairfax County community.
- MLK Day of Service (Alexandria, Lorton, Falls Church, Fairfax, Sterling)
- Founders Day, Feminine Hygiene and Diaper/Wipes Collection Drive (Fairfax-wide)
- Pink Goes Red! – day of exercise and step challenge (Vienna)
- Hearts and Pearls Donation (Chantilly)
- #CAP College Information Session (virtual)
- Eye Glasses and Shoes Collection (Fairfax-wide)
- National Global Impact Day – Little Dresses (virtual)
- Relay for Life (Reston)
- Financial Planning Seminar (virtual)
- #CAP SAT Prep Program (virtual)
- Day of Prayer (nationwide)
- AKA HBCU Day (virtual)
- National HBCU Week (nationwide)
- Your Vote, Your Vote Summit (virtual)
- Breast Cancer Awareness (nationwide)
- Kozy Kerchief (Fairfax)
- AKA Caregiver’s Day (virtual)
- Economic Legacy Workshop (virtual)